Richard Dolan is the mind behind Bydolan and its Group of Companies aimed at empowering people to think rich, dream big and live life powerfully. Richard is an accomplished author, the creator of the nationally acclaimed “Possibility Series,” and he has delivered more than 2,000 presentations. Richard has spoken to major corporations and has shared the stage with some of the world’s top thinkers.
KRIS – What events have you been involved with lately?
RICHARD – I just completed a speaking tour across Canada with Anthony Robbins. Also, having recently shared the stage with U.S. Olympian Michael Phelps and journalist Barbara Walters in Toronto, I am scheduled to share the stage with former U.S. president Bill Clinton at the “Power Within” conference in Montreal on Nov. 25.
K – How can people be their best and how can they stay motivated to achieve their fitness goals
R – I believe that to remain undaunted in your goals, you should follow the SMART plan:
1. S – be SPECIFIC – about what it is EXACTLY that you wish to achieve. Many times people are vague in their fitness goal
2. M – be MOTIVATED – about that specific fitness goal. If the goal doesn’t move, touch and motivate you to jump out of bed, from work or out of the car to get it done, you likely won’t.
3. A – be ACCOUNTABLE – Hire a fitness coach and tell your friends and co-workers your goals — chances are once they know what you’re up to, the ‘positive pressure’ will press when you feel like not following through.
4. R – be REALISTIC – Unrealistic goals may be the surefire way of sabotaging your fitness plan
5. T – be TIMELY – Without a deadline or checkpoints, you can’t keep yourself on time, on target or on purpose.
K – How can success on the gym floortranslate into success in other areas of a person’s life?
R – I believe that one’s confidence in life is about winning a succession of small games that lead to larger victories. In other words, setting weight loss goals, reaching an ideal look or lifting heavier weights is about setting the benchmarks of a game. As you begin training, tell yourself you can do it and your mind will grow. Your confidence will then begin to emerge
K – How can your series of CDs help people achieve their health and fitness goals
R – I just completed my newest book “On Purpose – Living and Leading Life Fully” where one of the chapters focuses on Health On Purpose. I believe great leaders must see that their ability to lead will be a reflection of what state ones health is in, inside and out. Having one’s Health on purpose begins with (1) Inner Health – nutritionally sound, (2) Outer Health – physically sound, and (3) Growth of Both – the aim of growing muscle capacity, better breathing, sound physiology and a quiet mind.