How to stay Motivated in and out of the Gym
In this episode, Kris J. Simpson author of the All Inclusive Diet gives his top 7 ways on how to stay motivated in and out of the gym!
Listen to this Podcast
When we’re inactive and sedentary, we also struggle emotionally because we always feel tired and lethargic. This can make us feel more down and depressed which will also be detrimental to our weight loss since we’re now striving to maintain an upbeat and optimistic mood. Remember the body is always striving for balance and it’s not working against us, it’s just trying to communicate with us what it needs to stay in balance and since it doesn’t speak a language per se, it will use body language or signs that if we properly identify because we’re in tune with our bodies, we will be able to prevent the imbalance from continuing and throwing us off balance completely.
We also need to remember that we have a choice to create a new environment that would be conducive for our minds and bodies and work with our biology, rather than always trying to beat them into our way of doing things. Our bodies want to stand not sit. Our bodies want to step not stagnate. To understand this concept, go for a 10-15 minute walk then ask yourself: how do I feel now? Your body will tell you that it feels energized and invigorated. I guarantee it. Here are some ideas to increase your daily movement:
- Dance (A friend of mine and the founder of the world-class entrepreneur’s group Archangel Academy, Giovanni Marsico takes regular dancing breaks during the day while he’s on the computer. He accredits his movement to music as being a big part of his weight-loss success story!)
- Have walking meetings
- Have walking lunches and breaks
- Park your car on the perimeter
- Take the stairs
- See housework and yard work as part of your activity program and do more of it
- Walk and talk (I use a headset for all of my coaching calls and normally reach 2,000 steps per call, and I don’t even realize it!)
When we become aware of how sedentary we are, we finally have a chance to use our imagination and create an extraordinarily active life. It doesn’t have to be complicated; it can be quite simple to start, and if you desire, you can move on to more athletic adventures with your newly aligned and active ready body. Life is always better when you’re leaner, stronger, and in shape. Increasing our activity one step at a time will get our bodies to this treasure-filled destination and let us stay there forever.
Inspire to aspire,
Want more FREE training? Click here to Subscribe
Like this episode? Please share it! I would really appreciate it 🙂