Butternut Squash and Whole Wheat Pasta (Serves: 2)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta
- 1 tbsp buttery spread made with olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long sweet potato
- 1.Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2.At the same time, microwave sweet potato for 5 minutes on high, until still firm (but not rock hard or too soft). When cool enough, chop into bite sized pieces.
- 3.At the same time, heat buttery spread in a skillet; when hot, add crushed garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- 4.Add sweet potato to the skillet and cook for 3 min (add a tablespoon of water if it gets too dry).
- 5.Add marinara and spices and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add cooked pasta to the skillet and toss until coated.
- Main Dishes
- 15 Minutes