What’s the Best Way to Predict Your Risk of Heart Attack?
The best tests to predict your risk for having a heart attack is your Recovery Heart Rate. Recovery heart rate is a measure of fitness and a slow recovery from exercise means that you’re out of shape. To measure recovery heart rate, exercise on a treadmill until you breathe hard, record your heart rate, and hold that pace for at least a minute. Then cool down and measure your pulse rate exactly one minute after stopping. If your heart does not slow down at least 30 beats in the first minute, you’re in poor shape and at increased risk for a heart attack. If your heart rate slows down more than 50 beats in the first minute, you’re in excellent shape. Keep your pumper pumpin’ and try this test today!
What is the Most Important Healthy-Heart Antioxidant?
Hands down, Coenzyme Q10. Co Q10 is used as a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to reduce high cholesterol, lower blood pressure, improve symptoms of congestive heart failure and balance arrhythmias.
CoQ10 protects the body from free radicals and helps preserve vitamin D, the major antioxidant of cell membranes and cholesterol. Recommended dosage: 100 mg twice per day in liquid gel-cap form.
-Excerpt from renowned homeopath Bryce Wylde’s book, The Antioxidant Prescription.
*To read a full interview between Bryce Wylde and Kris Simpson, click here!
What Percentage of Cholesterol is Made by the Liver?
Cholesterol is part of life. It occurs naturally in animals and we would die without it. What percentage of cholesterol is made by the liver?
The answer might surprise you!
And the answer is: 80%!
With 80% of your body’s cholesterol being produced by your liver, the other 20% comes from the food you eat. And the key to scoring better on your cholesterol tests may lie in the … tomato. A recent study by Japanese scientists found this juicy vegetable contains a nutrient that can fight vascular disease such as stroke and arteriosclerosis. So slice up some tomato and get healthy because your heart and cholesterol are vital for your well-being!
Inspire to Aspire