7 things that happened to me when I tried intermittent fasting
Let Kris J Simpson share his intermittent fasting experience with you.
Let me tell you the 7 things that happened to me when I tried intermittent fasting:
1. Coffee consumption increased: I typically drink coffee on a daily basis but while intermittent fasting, I needed more coffee to sustain my energy (30% more).
2. Hunger pangs: I experienced numerous hunger pangs throughout the day. To combat my hunger, I added MCT in my coffee. This was a temporary fix.
3. Increased mental alertness: Since I was fasting, I experienced an increase in mental alertness; however, I was also quite irritable.
4. Food consumption decreased by 25%: Given that I couldn’t eat until 12pm, I consumed less food.
5. Decreased mental & physical energy: When I was allowed to eat during the 8 hours, I experienced an energy crash right after I ate.
6. Immense thirst: While fasting, I experienced increased thirst so I drank more water (regular and mineral water).
7. Increased weight: My weight increased during the 14 days of intermittent fasting and increased even more when I went back to my normal way of eating (several clean meals per day).
Common intermittent fasting mistakes people make:
- When fasting, most people jump right into it without planning their meals or adjusting their schedules. Starting a fast at random might not yield the results desired.
- Expecting the scale to dive within a few days is an unrealistic expectation. Individuals should be mindful that intermittent fasting is not a diet but instead a way of eating.
- Women need to proceed with caution if they are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Inspire to Aspire,
Author & Life Coach
Like this episode? Please share it! My blog, videos, and podcast are ad-free ONLY because you share my work!
DISCLAIMER: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, video, images and other material, contained on this website is for educational purposes only. The content is not intended in any way as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Regardless of your current state of health, always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding your current health condition, a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new health care regimen. Never disregard professional medical advice.