How to do the Hip Thrust – Best Glute Exercises
Let Kris J. Simpson show you how to do the Hip Thrust which is one of the best exercises to isolate your glutes and strengthen your core!
Let me show you how to do the Hip Thrust. The Hip Thrust is a glute exercise designed to improve your strength, speed and power via hip extensions. The Hip Thrust is one of the best exercises to isolate your glutes and strengthen your core at the gym or from the comfort of your own home!
How To Do Hip Thrusts?
First things first, let’s get suited up (watch video now).
- Start with your shoulder blades against a bench, and your arms spread across it for stability. If your shoulders don’t reach the bench, you may need to start with your butt slightly off the floor.
- Bend your knees to about 90 degrees, and make sure your feet are flat on the ground.
- Take a big deep breath in and blow air out fully.
- Squeeze your glutes, lift up your hips, and hold for two or three seconds. Be sure not to hyperextend your lower back at the top.
- You’re going to do perform this movement for 25-50 repetitions.
Why Perform Hip Thrusts?
Oftentimes, many people refrain from doing Hip Thrusts because they don’t know how to perform them correctly or they struggle with form. The benefits of doing Hip Thrusts on a regular basis include the following:
*Improve glute strength and size
*Improve aesthetics of glutes
*Improve performance in athletic activities
*Reduce overall risk of injury
If you wanted to make this exercise more challenging, you can add some weight. My favourite resistance is using two dumbbells. When you add the dumbells to the workout, ensure the dumbbells are right over your hips and thrust upwards.
There you have it guys. That’s the Hip Thrust, one of the best ways to isolate your glutes!
Until the next, Inspire to Aspire.
Author & Life Coach
For more FREE downloads and training ==> Click here for the All Inclusive Lifestyle Crash-Course with Free Downloads
Like this episode? Please share it! My blog, videos, and podcast are ad-free ONLY because you share my work!