Chicken Souvlaki Sandwich (Serves: 4)
- 4 oz lowfat plain yogurt
- 2 tsps garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp leaves oregano
- 1 sprig dill
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 16 oz chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pared, chopped cucumber, shredded
- 2 tbsps soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 large whole wheat pita
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1.Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- 2.In a shallow baking pan, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, oil and oregano.
- 3.Add chicken and turn to coat.
- 4.Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes, spooning sauce over chicken once or twice during cooking.
- 5.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill and garlic powder.
- 6.When chicken is cool enough to handle, slice each piece crosswise into thin strips and place inside pita pocket halves.
- 7.Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce into each pita half. Yields 2 halves per serving
- Lunch/ Dinner
- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes