Chicken and Orange Salad (Serves: 2)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 5 oz cooked skinless, boneless chicken thigh, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 medium orange
- 3 fl oz frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 stalk large celery, chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped or torn
- 2 tbsps small shallots, minced
- 1 fl oz water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1.In a large bowl, combine orange, chicken, lettuce, shallot, celery and almonds.
- 2.To make dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a cup; stir well to blend in honey.
- 3.If desired, add 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
- 4.Pour dressing over salad just before serving; toss gently but well.
- Main Dishes/Salads/Lunch
- 15 Minutes